lkjhlkjh

Friday, January 19, 2007

Telephoney

So, I'm sitting here looking up info online on how to fix my toilet tank. It's not filling up with water anymore. Dammit. Good thing I have three bathrooms. According to what I'm reading on the How Stuff Works site, it would appear that I have a problem with the toilet ballcock. Oh, boy. I know absolutely nothing about fixing faulty ballcocks. They have always worked perfectly for me! But, they say, "The ballcock assembly looks more complicated than it really is". This is heartening. I'll have that ballcock filling up my tank in no time...

Anyhow, the home phone rings. I look at the caller id as I always do since I will not answer calls from people that I don't know. Caller id reads:
Jehovahs Witness
2143508702

I HAVE to take this one.

Me: Hello?
Female JW: Hello, I'd like to first say that I'm not selling anything. I was calling to share some thoughts on Scripture with you.
Me: I have my own thoughts on Scripture. Thank you.
Female JW: Uh, ok.

I hang up.

I could have kicked myself. I should have told her that I was happy that she called because I could really use some help; that I have a ballcock problem and I'm not sure what to do about it. Bloody Jehovah's Witnesses.

No comments :

Post a Comment