lkjhlkjh

Saturday, January 6, 2007

A Domestic Dilemma

I am in the process of setting up a garage sale. Slowly, very slowly, I have been sorting through things, deciding what to keep, what to sell, what to throw out. It is a most unpleasant chore for me. I have no patience for "things". Never have. Their existence is tolerated only so long as they serve a useful function for me. Outside of serving as tools to accomplish a goal, I have no need for material objects. Even as a child I realized that inanimate objects had no power to make me happy. Some people will spend an inordinate amount of time and money accumulating things. It makes them happy, I suppose. Whatever happiness these items bring must be very fleeting.

Back to the garage sale and the real reason for this post. I am having reservations about it. It shouldn't be any big deal. A garage sale is a common tradition of suburbia America. After setting up our wares, we get to play shopkeeper, welcoming and chit-chatting with stoppers by, some who will find our junk worthy of shelling out some spare change.

Here's the rub. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that quite a few of the people who will be stopping by will be Mexican illegal aliens. They flock to garage sales. They need and want things like everybody else, only they are not like everybody else. They are invaders of my country. I do not want to aid and abet them. I do not want their money. It is beyond infuriating that my government continues to allow these wretched third-worlders to suck up resources and lower our standard of living. There is certainly enough to this issue for a whole series of posts.

Would I be breaking any crap laws if I were to ask for proof of legal residency before selling to an individual of obvious Mexican origin? It would give me great pleasure, in Spanish, to inform them of this - with my Remington 12 gauge snugly at my side. To avoid having to endlessly repeat myself, I could even post a sign in my yard:

Es necesario demostrar documentos probatorios de su residencia legal antes de comprar aqui

I imagine that this would cause a furor. It would undoubtedly bring about some very nasty, possibly vicious, repercussions from both the illegals and the brainless, bleeding heart liberals who excel in viciousness when showing the world what a big heart they have. It would not surprise me if a news crew showed up. I'd give my side of the story but you can be sure that after the final editing, the 6 o'clock news would spin it to show a hate-filled, Naziesque hypocrite. How could this woman, a Latin immigrant herself, deny those, who like her, are only here looking for a better life... blah, blah, blah, blech. The media is so predicable in its blind worship of political correctness.

If I were up for a good fight, I'd say bring it on and stand my ground - come what may. Unfortunately, at this time, I am not. I may just donate everything to charity instead. But, guess who most likely will end up getting my donated items anyway? I will continue to ponder this dilemma. Any ideas are welcome.

UPDATE: The brown plague marches on: Dallas-based food chain to accept Mexican pesos

No comments :

Post a Comment