lkjhlkjh

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Getting Down To It

I have been remiss in my blogging. This is because the yard and home have been requiring my attention and the weather is splendid for being outside. Eighty degrees is a welcome change from the frigid temperatures we've experienced this winter - 16 degrees just last week. I was beginning to get cabin fever.

Today's chore was one of those chores that you tend to put off but once you get into it you wonder why the heck you've put it off - as is true of many things in life. I had to get up on the roof to saw off some branches from a tree that overhangs the roof. I like being up on the roof - walking along the slopes and the view is kind of neat. I even stretched out a bit and took some sun while I was up there. One of the kitties followed me up, using the tree, not the ladder like I did. I could get up there using the tree too but not with the saw. The other kitty, a little too "round" to climb, walked around the house crying up at us, distraught that she was missing out on this exciting event.

The real accomplishment of these last few days was not tackling the chores but tackling the monumental inertia which has gripped my mind for so many months now. The main reason I could work on these things is because while I was doing the labor, my mind was busy thinking about the business that I'm in the process of starting. There are many details to work out yet. It is difficult for me to justify using my time to work on mundane matters when there are more important things to be done. This way though, I had my mind on important stuff while working on not so important stuff - an efficient use of my time.

When I finished outside, I went inside to get something to eat. Taking advantage of my momentum, I cleaned out the fridge. Yay! Finally! It has bugged me every single time I opened it but would not do anything about it. Now, its sparkling neatness is a joy to behold. Baby steps...

All in all, today has been a good one - so far. Made some calls and got some needed info for the business. Another good thing, which is indicative of the disordered state of my mind was that I discovered that today was NOT Friday. Ha! This came to my attention and surprise when I heard the garbage truck making its way down the alley on its Thursday run.

No comments :

Post a Comment