lkjhlkjh

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Argentina Wins, I Cry A Little


Hernán, Get Well Soon. Sigh...
Argentina advances to the quarter finals with a 4-2 win over Colombia but it was not a well-played game, with the flow too frequently interrupted by fouls. An overdue red card came out in the 90th minute against Colombia's little hot-headed, Vargas. There is no love lost between the Albiceleste and los Cafeteros.

Abbondanzieri, Argentina's goalkeeper, was not impressive.

WAAAAAAAAAAA! We lost our beautiful striker, Hernán Crespo, to an injury. He will not likely return to the Copa as he pulled a muscle in his right leg sending a mega-powerful penalty kick right down the center and into the net to score our first goal of the match, his third of the tournament.

I don't recall what I did, but cherry pits went flying everywhere when I saw him pull up, limping. It was not a pretty sight, me on the floor, gathering cherry pits, whimpering. Oh, I love watching him play. He really has heart. I'm just sick. It's not going to be the same without Crespo. I am so going to miss those lips, er, um, I mean, kicks. Maybe it's not as bad as they're saying.

Here are the goals:

No comments :

Post a Comment