lkjhlkjh

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Paying My Respects

I am realizing that creating a blog does not a writer make. Seriously, this is hard! I have a newfound respect for all of you bloggers who come up with post after post of entertaining and intelligent material.

It is apparent to me that writing only software for all of my adult life has hampered my ability to write for the purpose of communicating with human beings. This endeavor is most humbling. I do, however, take heart that my fellow bloggers have welcomed me into the fold. Let's see what I can come up with. Your guess is as good as mine.

Now, I'll get back to adding stuff to the sidebar and playing with the layout, which is something that I can do with no problem - technically speaking. Design is a different issue. I know what I like when I see it, but getting there is a matter of trial and error for me. I simply cannot visualize something unless I can actually see it - a deficiency of mine. Having created quite a few websites, design has always been my weakest point, spending far more time on getting the look right than getting it to work right. So, if you see things appearing and disappearing, realize that it's just me going through the creative process in my own way.

No comments :

Post a Comment