lkjhlkjh

Sunday, December 31, 2006

It's A Matter of Time

Happy New Year 2007 to everyone. I pray that God will be merciful and continue to bestow His blessings upon us. I haven't the foggiest why He should, but I pray He does so anyway. Although, I have a sinking feeling that we will be up to our ears from reaping what we have been willfully sowing. God help us.

As this is the first day of 2007 Anno Domini I got to thinking about time - again. I hate it. It just mindlessly goes on, not respecting anything or anyone. We're like shanghaied sailors on this ship of time. We measure time in units of repeating cycles - seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years. The earth spins the days away, its orbit spinning the years away. Everything spins, including my head when I think about this. Time, though, is neither cyclical nor in discrete units - it is continuous and one-directional, moving full speed ahead, as indicated by our increasing year numbers.

Is matter, as we know it, totally dependent on time in order to exist? Those spinning nuclear particles (God must have a thing for spinning things) need time, don't they? Movement equates to time and space, in my mind. You can't move without space, you can't traverse that space instantaneously. Nothing that I know of is instantaneous. God is not matter, nor space, nor time. He created all of that. In God's plane of existence, those things don't exist. Fine. He is the I AM. Got it. As we are NOT God, nor ever will be, I do not see us ever being outside of time. We will live for eternity because we will no longer be separated from God, who is eternal, but I believe that space, matter and time as we know it will also exist after this life. After all, He did originally create us for this world. We chose to separate ourselves from Him and in doing so, lost the eternity that can only come through the I AM.

I'll end my rambling here and just say that after thinking this through, I will conclude that time, after all, is not to be hated. We could not exist without it. It is our being separated from God that makes time Man's enemy, as we can only have a very limited amount of it without the Eternal One to carry us along. We are now mortal but that will not last forever.

No comments :

Post a Comment