lkjhlkjh

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Friends In Need

Death has struck again. Not my family but almost like family. This was unexpected even though the dear lady was in her 80s. The bad news found me sitting quietly at home. I have been trying my best to hide from life and here death comes along, jolting me back to reality. How could I go through another funeral this soon? Haven't even been able to watch one on television since my mother's death. Then it struck me how utterly useless I was to this grieving family, being so steeped in my own grief. This realization made me quite angry at myself so I pulled it together and cooked up some comfort food for them. Went by the house to drop it off, to tell them if there's anything at all I could do, to let me know. They were in the living room, some neighbors were there when I arrived. I didn't stay long. Later that evening they called to tell me how much they enjoyed the food. This was one of the best moments I've had in a long, long time.

Although I almost backed out of it, I did manage to attend the viewing and then the funeral the following day. I had no choice. These good people needed their friends around them now as they had been there for me. The family held up well through it all. I was mostly numb.

I haven't been motivated to post about anything.

No comments :

Post a Comment