lkjhlkjh

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Sending Out An SOS

The only way I've ever known how to make money is not going to work for me at this time - maybe later, but right now I'm basically a functioning retard, at least in comparison to how I was prior to receiving a thorough thrashing about by life.

What I did for a living was mentally intensive and I can now barely write without errors or read with comprehension without having to slowly re-read. My once iron-trap brain has turned into a sieve. I am still logical though and logic tells me that I need to make a change. This post isn't about my state of mind. Although, most everything does come down to one's state of mind. The matter here involves attempting to overcome said state.

Doing nothing constructive is not helping to improve this situation one little bit. It's my nature to be constructive, accomplishing something, making money or at least attempting to do so. For a long while now I've been floundering around, letting time pass, while I stand still - only it's not possible to stand still relative to time. We just simply fade in its wake.

Anyway...I thought I had hit on a business venture but it fell through. It wasn't a bad plan but it required that I depend on someone and, well, that someone is not very dependable - very, very talented, but ultimately undependable. How could I put time, energy, money and expectations in the hands of someone who I could not rely on 100%? People don't change in this respect. This was a failure waiting to happen. So, instead of getting any further into it and then being stressed over things that I have no control, I decided to drop the whole thing. And it's probably for the best as I have always either stood on my own two feet or fallen flat on my ass. I can accept failing. I can't accept failing because of someone else.

There I was, back to square one. Then last week, I was mowing my yard, a nice sized yard - my house sits on almost a half-acre lot. I was thinking of all the labor I put into maintaining this yard and house. As I am not yet completely brain dead, one thought led to another. I thought, it would be nice to make this yard and house pay off for me. Doggies love nice yards to run around in. People have doggies and have to leave them alone all day long when they go to work. Some doggies live in apartments or condos with little or no yard, rarely getting a chance to run loose. People love their doggies and spend money on them. I love doggies. I love to be at home. I hate dealing with people. I could have a doggy daycare right here at home!

Yes, I could see myself having dogs around during the day, doing their doggy things, letting them run around the yard, coming in and going out as they please. I could put a doggy door in the kitchen door that leads to the garage, then make a doggy door in the garage door that leads to the back yard. I could set up the garage with their food bowls, water and places for them to sleep or relax. Dogs are sociable animals by nature, so they'd get along. And I would only accept sociable dogs.

It would require very little overhead costs - none really. People would provide the food for their dogs. I could also charge extra for bathing them. I wouldn't have to do that myself. Just let them go over into the neighbor's pool... Ha! No, I could call the mobile dog grooming van I've seen around and pass on the cost to the client.

I could also offer pickup and delivery of their furry darlings - for a fee, of course.

I think there is a market for this kind of service. The only thing stopping me from going ahead with it right away is that I don't have a fence surrounding my yard. It's lined with trees and bushes but no fence. And with that large of a yard it would cost a pretty penny to install a fence. I need to have a very good reason to believe that this business could work to justify this kind of expense.

My state of mind being what it is, I am not looking to make any breakthroughs as an entrepreneur. Also, I've never been a business-minded person. But, this doggy daycare seems to be a business that doesn't require much business know-how. I have the property for it, I am very resourceful and have plenty of common sense to make the service attractive to clients and get it going.

So, what do you all think? Am I nuts? Any suggestions, questions, advice, criticism, etc. would be very much appreciated.

No comments :

Post a Comment