lkjhlkjh

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dr. Charles Stanley

There are many televangelists around today. I sometimes will watch these con artists for a while like I'd briefly watch a freak show, out of morbid curiosity. The camera will scan over a huge audience and it amazes me that so many can be so gullible. God help those poor people.

At one time I would have considered those in the audience to be total idiots, deserving of being conned. I don't think this way anymore. These people are searching for help, answers, anything that will help them get through their lives. Life can be so overwhelming at times that I can see how some will grab onto anything or anyone who promise some relief, comfort and hope.

In the wee hours of Sunday morning, I stumbled onto one televangelist whose sermons have kept me interested. Dr. Charles Stanley appears to be a rarity among the others. There is a sincerity, humility and simplicity in his sermons, spoken in his Southern drawl, that make Dr. Stanley come across as the real thing. I like this man. I like what he says. I like his face. There are some faces that shout SOB, sleazy bastard and many of the televangelists are prime examples of this.

Here are the video archives of Dr. Stanley's sermons. If you happen to listen to any of them, let me know what you think. I've only listened to the most recent ones.

Dr. Stanley's ministry is called In Touch Ministries. I will be catching his sermons every Sunday if I'm up at that time or I'll download his sermon sometime afterwards. Have I said that I like this guy? I do.

I'm also looking around for a Bible Church to attend - it's time for me to get back into the real world with real humans. You guys have been good company but God didn't create us to be hermits - unfortunately...


2 comments :

  1. Great post! You are absolutely correct in your observation about Dr. Charles Stanley. I, too, have always been skeptical of certain televangelists. Stanley, however, is the real deal. Living in the south, my wife and I have been able to attend his church twice. (Atlanta is a three hour drive for us.) He is warm, loving and since man of God. What you see is what you get. You definitely feel the Holy Spirit in Stanley's church.

    ~Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been watching Dr. Charles Stanley for the past 15 years...was even lucky enough to visit his church a few times while in Atlanta... he is the real deal! A very Godly man... I thank God for such a strong leader in my lifetime...

    ReplyDelete